MATCHDAY LIVE: Injury-plagued Canaries travel to the Potteries hoping to extend unbeaten run
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke’s injury hit Norwich City side travel to Stoke City hoping to extend their unbeaten run to nine matches - and you can follow all the updates, analysis and reaction from the Bet365 Stadium in our Matchday Live blog.
Table-topping City recorded an impressive 1-0 victory against Neil Warnock’s streetwise Middlesbrough side on Saturday but have been hit with another injury crisis seeing numerous first-team stars ruled out for significant periods of time.
Alongside Bali Mumba and Adam Idah, who both got injured during the recent international fixtures, Kenny McLean and Jordan Hugill have been ruled out due to knee and shoulder injuries respectively.
Todd Cantwell will also miss up to three weeks of action and left-back Xavi Quintilla still hasn’t returned from a hip injury suffered in the warm-up of City’s 1-1 draw with Brentford.
That means young duo Reece McAlear and Tom Dickson-Peters could be among the substitutes after Farke revealed he may struggle to fulfil the full squad quota.
You may also want to watch:
Michael O’Neill’s Stoke side sit seventh in the Championship after their thrilling 4-3 win over Huddersfield Town on Saturday. The former Northern Ireland boss has turned their fortunes around after saving the Potters from relegation last season.
The hosts will be without former City loanee Angus Gunn, who has suffered an ankle injury. The lively Tyrese Campbell is someone City will have to thwart if they are to leave Staffordshire with all three points.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 5 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 6 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 9 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 10 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
A win tonight would see Stoke go level with the Canaries in terms of points and O’Neill will be hoping to make it three successive home victories by conquering Farke’s men.
- Follow all the action of tonight’s Championship clash via our live blog above