Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
Bristol City have released former Norwich City attacker Marley Watkins.
The Welsh forward signed for the Robins back in 2018 for £1million, but fell out of favour at Ashton Gate after Lee Johnson's departure from the club.
Watkins spent a brief spell on loan at Scottish Premiership side Aberdeen last year, before making his final appearance for Nigel Pearson's men during their 2-0 defeat to Stoke City back in February.
His time didn't go as many hoped after he signed on a free transfer from Barnsley, and he ended up falling out of favour with Farke during his time in Norfolk
Upon signing for Bristol City, Watkins described his excitement at playing a style of football that he felt would suit him better than Norwich.
'I can go away now and get some work done and look to impress when I get here. I am ambitious. This is a club that wants to get to the Premier League. They play a style that is more suited to my game than at Norwich. They play a more exciting brand of football, more attacking."
Watkins made 29 appearances for Bristol City, scoring on three occasions.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Hethersett high school sends pupils home after four coronavirus cases
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146