Manchester City v Norwich City - Player ratings
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Player ratings for both Norwich City and Manchester City following their Premier League clash.
• Norwich City:
6 John Ruddy: No exaggeration to state he prevented a double digit defeat. Culpable on second.
4 Russell Martin: No luck on Manchester City's deflected third. David Silva left undetected for the sixth.
5 Michael Turner: One or two timely blocks in a sea of home domination. Unfortunate role in the opener.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 3 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
- 4 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 5 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 6 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 7 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 8 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 9 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 10 Highway obstruction closes part of A1151 near Wroxham
4 Sebastien Bassong: Pale imitation of the commanding figure from last season. Exposed frequently.
4 Martin Olsson: Little or no chance to showcase his attacking threat. Samir Nasri had the upper hand.
4 Leroy Fer: Echoes of the Tottenham runaround he suffered in a congested central area.
4 Bradley Johnson: No blame attached for the opener. Paid a high price for felling Edin Dzeko later.
4 Steven Whittaker: Deployed in a less accustomed right midfield role. Lack of sharpness could be mitigation.
4 Jonny Howson: Norwich stuck in permanent reverse left him isolated and largely on the periphery.
5 Anthony Pilkington: Carried the one real sporadic threat on the counter. Tested Costel Pantilimon in first half.
4 Gary Hooper: No service to speak of is becoming a recurring theme. Hold up play must be better.
Subs: Josh Murphy (for Whittaker) 5, Johan Elmander (for Hooper) 4
• Manchester City:
6 Costel Pantilimon: One smart save from Anthony Pilkington, but never tested sufficiently on his big day.
6 Pablo Zabaleta: Comfortable shift. Operated largely in advanced areas. One raking pass teed up compatriot.
7 Matija Nastasic: Slice of good fortune on his headed goal. Norwich never probed for fresh vulnerability.
6 Martin Demichelis: Thumping strike on the turn produced wonderful stop from John Ruddy. Easy afternoon.
6 Gael Clichy: Much more relaxing shift than his turbulent trip to Chelsea. Triggered the opening goal.
8 Yaya Toure: Fantastic technique for the free-kick fifth goal. Left the artistry to others.
7 Fernandinho: Holding player in a midfield completely on top; not exactly the most exacting gig.
9 David Silva: Heavily involved in the first, scored the second, teed up the sixth. Brilliant operator.
8 Samir Nasri: The Frenchman was clearly in the mood. Fine technician when in full flow.
9 Sergio Aguero: Assists for the second and fourth, scored the sixth. A general pest, as usual.
7 Alvaro Negredo: Must be a joy to play in front of that midfield. Good movement bought him a goal.
Subs: James Milner (for Nasri) 6, Edin Dzeko (for Negredo) 7, Jesus Navas (for Silva) 6