‘Made Dean Coney look like van Basten’ - Norwich City fans react to Ricky van Wolfswinkel’s move to Vitesse Arnhem
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel has left the Carrow Road club for Vitesse Arnham - and here's what fans thought of his departure
The 27-year-old has signed a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee after a series of loan stints during his spell at Norwich, following his club-record signing from Sporting Lisbon in 2013.
Van Wolfswinkel scored just twice in 28 appearances for the Canaries, one of those on his senior debut for the club in an opening day 2-2 Premier League draw against Everton in 2013, and was loaned out to Saint Etienne and Real Betis in the last two seasons having flopped in Norfolk.
His last Norwich City appearance came when he scored in a 2-1 League Cup win at Rotherham in August 2015.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 10 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter