‘Very pleased with what I achieved’ – Maddison shares impressive video of his Canaries highlights
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
James Maddison has taken a brief break from his summer injury rehabilitation to take a look back on his brilliant breakthrough season at Norwich City.
The 21-year-old playmaker was the standout player in a mid-table season for the Canaries, with 15 goals and 11 assists to his name from 49 appearances in all competitions.
That has led to a host of interest from the Premier League, with Leicester and Everton the latest to be linked with interest above the £20million mark.
The England Under-21 international's campaign finished on a low note though as he damaged knee ligaments during the early stages of a poor 5-1 loss at Sheffield Wednesday on the final day of the season.
As he continues his rehab work at Colney with the aim of not missing much of pre-season, Maddison shared an impressive video of his highlights in a Norwich City shirt, stretching to 12 minutes of skill, goals, assists, through-balls and the fouls which tried to hold him back.
'Very pleased with what I achieved last season from a personal point of view,' the Coventry City academy product posted on Twitter.
'Here's my dad's latest video of all my best moments for NCFC so far. The benefits of my old man being a graphic designer! Share and enjoy guys.'
Maddison was named City's player of the year and amid a host of awards throughout the season, including two Championship goal of the month wins, he was named in the division's team of the season and was nominated for the EFL young player of the season award.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 3 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 5 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 9 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 10 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
• Watch the video above