Maddison and Gunn in action as England Under-21s win in Ukraine
- Credit: Russell Hart/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City star James Maddison made his England Under-21s debut on Friday afternoon, playing the final stages of a vital European Championship qualifier.
Maddison replaced Dominic Solanke – scorer of England's first goal in a 2-0 win – in the 81st minute.
His Carrow Road team-mate, goalkeeper Angus Gunn, played the full 90 minutes in Kiev.
Liverpool's Solanke - who may be called up for the senior team's friendly against Brazil – netted after 15 minutes with England's second an own goal by Pavlo Lukyanchuk just after the hour mark.
Following a draw in Holland, Aidy Boothroyd's men have beaten Latvia, Scotland and Andorra and are in control of qualifying group four after four wins and a draw.
You may also want to watch:
Eight of the starting XI in Kiev were Under-20 World Cup winners this summer.
Maddison earned his call-up after a string of impressive and eye-catching Championship performances for the Canaries.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town