Luciano Becchio announced as one of six players set to leave Norwich City this summer
- Credit: Richard Calver/Focus Images Ltd
Argentinian striker Luciano Becchio is one of six players Norwich City have this evening confirmed will be leaving the club this summer.
The 31-year-old joined the Canaries from Leeds United in January 2013 but has never managed to score for the club and has seen his contract ended a year early 'by mutual consent'.
Experienced Spanish defenders Javier Garrido and Carlos Cuellar join back-up goalkeeper Mark Bunn in not seeing their contracts renewed this summer.
Two of the club's under-21 development squad will also be leaving, with Irish defender Kyle Callan-McFadden and midfielder Sam Kelly not getting new contracts.
Canaries boss Alex Neil said: 'It's important to register their efforts and support to the club this year, when at times it was frustrating for them personally that they weren't playing and involved. But they're all good lads and we wish them all the best for the future.'
You may also want to watch:
Becchio was signed by Chris Hughton having scored 19 goals in the first half of the season for Leeds but only started two matches during his City career, appearing as a substitute 14 times.
Full-back Garrido enjoyed a successful loan spell with the Canaries during the 2012/13 season, playing 34 Premier League matches.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
The 30-year-old former Manchester City and Lazio full-back made the move permanent but only made another 17 appearances for the club, covering for Martin Olsson.
Cuellar, 33, was signed on a free transfer by Neil Adams earlier this season after leaving Sunderland and made 10 appearances for City.
Goalkeeper Bunn has not featured for the Canaries at all this season but made 23 Premier League appearances in the 2012/13 season, when John Ruddy was injured. The 30-year-old former Sheffield United and Leicester City shot-stopper made a total of 31 City appearances.