Luciano Becchio announced as one of six players set to leave Norwich City this summer
- Credit: Richard Calver/Focus Images Ltd
Argentinian striker Luciano Becchio is one of six players Norwich City have this evening confirmed will be leaving the club this summer.
The 31-year-old joined the Canaries from Leeds United in January 2013 but has never managed to score for the club and has seen his contract ended a year early 'by mutual consent'.
Experienced Spanish defenders Javier Garrido and Carlos Cuellar join back-up goalkeeper Mark Bunn in not seeing their contracts renewed this summer.
Two of the club's under-21 development squad will also be leaving, with Irish defender Kyle Callan-McFadden and midfielder Sam Kelly not getting new contracts.
Canaries boss Alex Neil said: 'It's important to register their efforts and support to the club this year, when at times it was frustrating for them personally that they weren't playing and involved. But they're all good lads and we wish them all the best for the future.'
Becchio was signed by Chris Hughton having scored 19 goals in the first half of the season for Leeds but only started two matches during his City career, appearing as a substitute 14 times.
Full-back Garrido enjoyed a successful loan spell with the Canaries during the 2012/13 season, playing 34 Premier League matches.
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 4 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 5 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 6 Dash cams help police prosecute 400 drivers in a year
- 7 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 10 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
The 30-year-old former Manchester City and Lazio full-back made the move permanent but only made another 17 appearances for the club, covering for Martin Olsson.
Cuellar, 33, was signed on a free transfer by Neil Adams earlier this season after leaving Sunderland and made 10 appearances for City.
Goalkeeper Bunn has not featured for the Canaries at all this season but made 23 Premier League appearances in the 2012/13 season, when John Ruddy was injured. The 30-year-old former Sheffield United and Leicester City shot-stopper made a total of 31 City appearances.