“Always believe in what you love’ International Canaries fan captures the hearts of supporters
- Credit: Archant
A Canaries fan who travelled all the way to Norwich from Brazil to see his beloved team play on home turf has described the trip as a 'fairytale' experience.
On Thursday, April 28, Lucas La Torre, arrived in Norwich, after travelling more than 5,800 miles from his home city of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
The 24-year-old who is known on Twitter as The Brazilian Canary made the trip after the club invited him to take part in the Global Canaries parade during City's match against Sheffield Wednesday on Good Friday.
Enjoying a tour of Carrow Road, meeting Delia Smith, Grant Holt and even finding the time to appear on Sky Sports, Mr La Torre kept his followers updated on his visit via Twitter.
Posting snaps of himself with fans and a video of himself seeing Carrow Road for the first time, Mr La Torre said his dreams had become a 'reality'.
You may also want to watch:
And in response to his dedication and clear adoration for the club many took to Twitter to welcome Mr La Torre to Norwich and wish him well, Deborah James tweeted: '@NorwichCityFCBR I hope you had the best time at Carrow Road tonight! Glad to have you as part of the Canaries family and excited you finally came over to see a game!'.
Neal Black said: 'Welcome to England mate. Hope tonight is amazing for you'
- 1 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 2 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 3 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 5 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 8 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
Summing up his trip, Mr La Torre tweeted: 'Always believe in what you love. Mainly if love your club. Believe until the end.
'My fairytale is happening in real life. If my dream comes to reality...You can make your dreams become real too.
'Always believe in what you love. Thank you all, with love, Lucas or if like...Yours @NorwichCityFCBR'