Loan players praised by Norwich City boss
Paul Lambert has praised loan pair Henri Lanbsury and Dani Pacheco for their contribution to the Norwich City cause this season.
Lansbury scored four goals in 23 Championship appearances (including 15 starts) during his loan spell from Arsenal, while Pacheco was on target twice in six games (three of which were starts) after joining on an emergency loan last month.
Both made a big impression with the Carrow Road crowd – as well as Lambert.
'I have spoken to Kenny (Dalglish) a few times and I have spoken to people from Arsenal – I know they have been to watch Henri a lot, but they have got two very good young kids on their books,' said Lambert.
'The biggest compliment I can give those two lads is you wouldn't have thought they were loan players the way they were playing and the way they bought into the spirit of the club.
You may also want to watch:
'Those two kids will be in my view top players. They are only 20 years of age, which is just starting out in their careers, but they have been a major, major impact to us.
'The same with Rob Edwards – he came in and he was absolutely brilliant for us around about the place and in the dressing room he was terrific, the same with Sam Vokes – top, top lads that we had.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
'I have been fortunate enough that the loan system has been great for us, but we needed the players to help.'
• Chris Wright has resigned as chairman of the Norwich City Independent Supporters Association (Ncisa).
Wright is no longer a season ticket holder as a result of his wife's long-term serious illness, and leaves his post with immediate effect, although he will continue to help with the running of the organisation's website.
Robin Sainty will take over the role of acting chairman until the September annual meeting.