Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom joins Norwich City on loan
- Credit: Submitted
Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom has joined Norwich City on a season-long loan.
The 22-year-old now goes straight into manager Alex Neil's squad for City's final pre-season friendly, against Brentford at Carrow Road on Saturday.
Neil told his club's official website: 'I'm delighted as Andre fits our profile in terms of getting hungry players in who want to make their way in the game.
'He's also had Premier League experience with a few different clubs, so we're happy to get it over the line. It will add to the competition for places as he's a flexible player.
'In the past he's played centre-back and right-back. Having added competition to the left-hand side with Robbie Brady, it was important to add something to the right side as well.
You may also want to watch:
'The squad is certainly getting stronger, which I'm really pleased about.'
Wisdom recently extended his Liverpool contract through until the summer of 2019, having started 22 games in the Premier League for West Brom last season.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
The Leeds-born defender, who can play centrally or at right-back, also made 34 appearances for Derby County in the Championship during the 2013/14 campaign.
Wisdom added: 'I've had a nice welcome from all of the staff and seen a few of the players already so I'm looking forward to it.
'I spoke to the manager, and he's told me what he wants from myself and the team collectively. It's going to be good and I can't wait to get started.
'My Premier League debut was here (at Carrow Road) which was a memorable day for me. I remember it was a good atmosphere, and I'm the sure the fans will make it the same this season.
'I've maintained a high fitness level because I've been on tour with Liverpool, so I'm coming here fit and ready to go. I'm hoping to help the team by contributing on and off the pitch.'