Premier League Cup recap: Norwich City U23s 1 Leicester City U23s 1
- Credit: Norwich City
Norwich City Under-23s were in action at Colney tonight, drawing 1-1 with Leicester City in the Premier League Cup group stages (7pm kick-off).
The young Canaries had only been beaten in one of their last five games and were playing a third consecutive home game, beating Aston Villa 2-1 last Monday and bouncing back twice to draw 2-2 with Tottenham Hotspur on Friday.
That wasn't enough to keep David Wright's team in the Premier League International Cup but the knockout stages of the PL Cup are still a possibility, with City currently bottom of Group D.
Leicester won the reverse fixture 3-0 in October and the Canaries were held to a 1-1 draw at Exeter, before losing 1-0 at Nottingham Forest, leaving them with one point.
Wright's development squad was bolstered by the fit-again Louis Thompson against Spurs and striker Carlton Morris began his return to action this evening, with the U18 players preparing for FA Youth Cup fourth round action at Preston tomorrow night.
You may also want to watch:
• Re-live updates from the game above
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 5 Water outages hit homes across city
- 6 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 7 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 8 People released from car after crash closes road
- 9 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 10 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143