Premier League Cup recap: Norwich City U23s 1 Leicester City U23s 1
- Credit: Norwich City
Norwich City Under-23s were in action at Colney tonight, drawing 1-1 with Leicester City in the Premier League Cup group stages (7pm kick-off).
The young Canaries had only been beaten in one of their last five games and were playing a third consecutive home game, beating Aston Villa 2-1 last Monday and bouncing back twice to draw 2-2 with Tottenham Hotspur on Friday.
That wasn't enough to keep David Wright's team in the Premier League International Cup but the knockout stages of the PL Cup are still a possibility, with City currently bottom of Group D.
Leicester won the reverse fixture 3-0 in October and the Canaries were held to a 1-1 draw at Exeter, before losing 1-0 at Nottingham Forest, leaving them with one point.
Wright's development squad was bolstered by the fit-again Louis Thompson against Spurs and striker Carlton Morris began his return to action this evening, with the U18 players preparing for FA Youth Cup fourth round action at Preston tomorrow night.
You may also want to watch:
• Re-live updates from the game above
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 6 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 7 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash