Premier League Cup recap: Norwich City U23s 1 Leicester City U23s 1
- Credit: Norwich City
Norwich City Under-23s were in action at Colney tonight, drawing 1-1 with Leicester City in the Premier League Cup group stages (7pm kick-off).
The young Canaries had only been beaten in one of their last five games and were playing a third consecutive home game, beating Aston Villa 2-1 last Monday and bouncing back twice to draw 2-2 with Tottenham Hotspur on Friday.
That wasn't enough to keep David Wright's team in the Premier League International Cup but the knockout stages of the PL Cup are still a possibility, with City currently bottom of Group D.
Leicester won the reverse fixture 3-0 in October and the Canaries were held to a 1-1 draw at Exeter, before losing 1-0 at Nottingham Forest, leaving them with one point.
Wright's development squad was bolstered by the fit-again Louis Thompson against Spurs and striker Carlton Morris began his return to action this evening, with the U18 players preparing for FA Youth Cup fourth round action at Preston tomorrow night.
• Re-live updates from the game above
- 1 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 8 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 9 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
- 10 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich