Live coverage: Norwich City press conference ahead of Barnsley match
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Live coverage of Norwich City's pre-match press conference ahead of their fixture at home to Barnsley.
Our reporters will bring you all the latest from interim Norwich City manager Alan Irvine's press conference as the Canaries prepare to host Barnsley in the Championship.
Ex-Norwich City player and now Barnsley head coach Paul Heckingbottom is not dismissing the Canaries' Championship promotion chances.
Norwich lie eight points behind sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday ahead of the final nine league games and Heckingbottom, for one, is not predicting a tame end-of -season affair on Saturday.
'I reckon Norwich will still think they can do it (reach the playoffs), especially with the firepower they've got in the squad,' he said.
'The calibre of players in their squad, not just the 11 or on the bench, but the ones who can't even make the squad every week. They'll believe they've still got a chance.
'It's a great place to go and play, it'll be a full house and it's another big game for us against a top side who've recently been in the Premier League. It's another test for the players, can they beat Norwich again? Can they compete with Premier League players? These are the games we relish. We know that if we bring our best game, we're very tough to beat. We will go there on Saturday aiming for three points, as always.'
- 1 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 5 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 6 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 7 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 8 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 9 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 10 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk