MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City 1 Brentford 2 – Canaries kick-off crucial Christmas with poor performance
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Follow all the post-match reaction and analysis from Carrow Road following Norwich City's 2-1 defeat to Brentford in our Matchday Live blog.
Our Canaries correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer are following the Canaries from the matchday build-up to full-time fallout.
They bring you all the action and talking points before, during and after this evening's Championship encounter with the Yorkshire promotion hopefuls (3pm).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
City head into the game off the back of defeat at promotion chasing Leeds United, where Pontus Jansson's header late in the first half proved enough to seal all three points.
Meanwhile Brentford were held to a goalless draw at home to Barnsley, in what has been a decent season to date for Dean Smith's side.
City's festive four continue with a Boxing Day trip to bottom side Birmingham (3pm) before heading to the side just above the Blues, relegation-threatened Burton on Saturday (December 30, 3pm) and welcoming in 2018 with a visit to Carrow Road from Millwall on New Year's Day (3pm).
- 1 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 2 Primary school left without governors after mass walkout
- 3 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 4 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 5 John Bailey: Lord Botham, our cricketing angler/conservationist
- 6 Protests planned against soaring fuel prices
- 7 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 8 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 9 All of the Norfolk streets that won the Postcode Lottery in June
- 10 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.