MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City 1 Brentford 2 – Canaries kick-off crucial Christmas with poor performance
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Follow all the post-match reaction and analysis from Carrow Road following Norwich City's 2-1 defeat to Brentford in our Matchday Live blog.
Our Canaries correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer are following the Canaries from the matchday build-up to full-time fallout.
They bring you all the action and talking points before, during and after this evening's Championship encounter with the Yorkshire promotion hopefuls (3pm).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
City head into the game off the back of defeat at promotion chasing Leeds United, where Pontus Jansson's header late in the first half proved enough to seal all three points.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Brentford were held to a goalless draw at home to Barnsley, in what has been a decent season to date for Dean Smith's side.
City's festive four continue with a Boxing Day trip to bottom side Birmingham (3pm) before heading to the side just above the Blues, relegation-threatened Burton on Saturday (December 30, 3pm) and welcoming in 2018 with a visit to Carrow Road from Millwall on New Year's Day (3pm).
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 8 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.