MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City v Nottingham Forest – Canaries open home crunch Christmas double-header
- Credit: Archant
Follow all the build-up, live score, action and reaction as we bring you full coverage of Norwich City's 2018-19 EFL SkyBet Championship clash with Nottingham Forest, in our Matchday Live blog from Carrow Road.
Our correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer are following the Canaries from the matchday build-up to full-time fallout all season long.
They will bring you all the action and talking points before, during and after Boxing Day's visit from Aitor Karanka's Forest (3pm kick-off).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
Daniel Farke's side signed off for Christmas with a superb 1-0 win at Blackburn, thanks to another late Teemu Pukki strike.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Nottingham Forest lost for the first time in their history at home to Queens Park Rangers – upping the pressure on Karanka and his side's stalling promotion bid.
The game is lined up for Lewis Grabban's latest Carrow Road return, after a mixed spell at Norwich.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 7 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
Following the Canaries' opening festive fixture, another promotion contender follows suit on Saturday with Frank Lampard's Derby at Carrow Road the visitors (3pm).
That game sends off 2018, before the new year is welcomed in on Tuesday, January 1 with a trip to west London to face faltering Brentford (3pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• Follow David Freezer on Twitter @davefreezer