LISTEN: The latest Pinkun Norwich City Podcast with Bailey, Davitt and Lakey
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Listen to the latest edition of the pinkun.com Norwich City podcast, as we discuss the fallout from the Canaries' 1-0 Championship defeat at Leeds United.
Our Canaries correspondents – PinkUn Show host Michael Bailey and chief City reporter Paddy Davitt – are joined by Archant Norfolk head of sport Chris Lakey to chew over City's loss at Elland Road, as well as what happens next as the club prepares for a crucial run of games over the festive period.
Pontus Jansson's header from a Pawel Cibicki free-kick late in the first half proved enough to settle the points, despite a reasonable performance from Daniel Farke's men at the weekend.
Alex Pritchard and James Maddison both had golden chances to get City on the score sheet but neither could take advantage, as Norwich's difficulties in front of goal continued.
City headed into the game off the back of a long-awaited three points against Sheffield Wednesday, which snapped an eight-game winless run – all thanks to goals from Maddison, Timm Klose and Nelson Oliveira.
You may also want to watch:
Leeds had their own wobbles in autumn but were now hitting their stride again, Kemar Roofe notching a hat-trick in their 3-1 win at Queens Park Rangers last weekend.
After Elland Road, Farke's side will head into their festive programme – hosting Brentford the Friday before Christmas (7.45pm), followed by trips to struggling Birmingham (Boxing Day) and Burton (December 30).
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000