LISTEN: The latest Pinkun Norwich City Podcast with Bailey, Davitt and Freezer
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Listen to the latest edition of the pinkun.com Norwich City podcast, as we discuss the Canaries' goalless FA Cup draw with Chelsea and what the January transfer window beckons – or should that be threatens?
Our Canaries correspondents – PinkUn Show host Michael Bailey and chief City reporter Paddy Davitt – are joined by their travelling companion and sportsdesk colleague David Freezer to reflect on City's FA Cup statemate with last season's finalists, as well as their forthcoming trip to Bristol City and the joys of an open transfer window.
Head coach Daniel Farke matched up Antonio Conte's 3-4-3 formation and that played a major part in subduing the Londoners, with Josh Murphy arguably having Norwich's best moments and Angus Gunn needing to be focused to keep out Davide Zappacosta's late efforts from range.
But in the end, the pair had to settle for a second chance at Stamford Bridge.
City kicked off 2018 with a home comeback win over another London side in Millwall, thanks to second-half goals from Tom Trybull and James Maddison. That made it seven points from four festive fixtures for Daniel Farke's squad.
With City's festive fixtures done, they return to league action with a tricky trip to high-flying Bristol City next weekend (Saturday, 3pm) before a highly anticipated rematch with Chris Wilder and Sheffield United at Carrow Road the following Saturday.
Those two games sandwich City's replay on the Wednesday evening, with the fourth-round draw seeing the pair welcome Newcastle United to either Stamford Bridge or Carrow Road.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 10 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.