Lions boss delighted to reward big crowd
Kenny Jackett says Millwall are "in the mix" for promotion after Saturday's come-from-behind win over Norwich. "I'm really pleased that such a good crowd came out and we've rewarded them with a good game and, most importantly, a win," he said.
Kenny Jackett says Millwall are "in the mix" for promotion after Saturday's come-from-behind win over Norwich.
"I'm really pleased that such a good crowd came out and we've rewarded them with a good game and, most importantly, a win," he said. "We are fifth in the league and not doing badly at all. Most importantly, our season is in front of us as we are genuinely in the mix with a number of other clubs. I don't know why we perform better against the bigger clubs in the division as we prepare in the same way for each team. In the second half we upped it a gear and managed to negate them and get at them. It's been a really good day for us."
Jackett said he was delighted with the performance of Harris, who scored the winner six minuets into the second half.
Neil made a big contribution," he said. "He's had a stop-start season with injuries and I have to monitor it carefully. I always thought he would be better coming on than going off (against Norwich). It wasn't just about the goal, his overall performance was very good."
Perhaps the only thing to spoil Jackett's day was the manner of Chris Martin's opener after just four minutes.
"We were disappointed with how easily the free kick went in to be honest, because we are usually set up better than that," he said. "To come back from that was a massive effort. The amount of output our players was terrific."
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
- 10 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter