‘There’s probably a one percent chance’ – Lincoln boss expects Raggett to stay with Canaries
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Lincoln City would like to take Sean Raggett on another loan from Norwich City but manager Danny Cowley admits it is unlikely to happen.
Fifa rules permit players to play for just two clubs in a season, leaving the Imps as the only other option for big centre-back Raggett.
After joining the Canaries last summer he continued his strong form for Lincoln with 28 loan appearances during the first half of the current season.
He then made his debut as a late substitute in City's 1-0 win at Bristol City earlier this month, so must not either wait for his chance with City, or head back to League Two with the Imps on loan ahead of Wednesday night's transfer deadline.
'We want Sean to play. The progress he made with us and at Dover revolved around him playing regular first-team football. I want to see him continue to development and improve,' Cowley said.
You may also want to watch:
'We felt he was making outstanding progress here. Norwich have taken him and he's been in and around their team.
'If he's going to be the next one (centre-back) in line, then staying at Norwich will be the right decision for him. But if he's not and there's someone else in his way, maybe we'd be an option and Norwich know we would look after him.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
'We're very respectful of the fact he is a Norwich player and, ultimately, the decision will be with them.'
The 24-year-old former Gillingham trainee has been an unused substitute during two of City's last three games but with head coach Daniel Farke currently playing a formation with three central defenders at the back, chances to impress are unlikely to be far away.
'We'd like to take him for the rest of the season – of course we would – but we're in a strong position thanks to the arrival of James Wilson,' Cowley continued, speaking to the Lincolnshire Echo.
'I don't expect Sean to come back, there's probably a one percent chance. If he does, we'll be really pleased but he's now a Norwich player and it's down to them to decide the best pathway going forward.
'Their manager [Daniel Farke] has to make a decision not just for Sean but in the best interests of his team.'