Lewis Grabban can be the missing link for Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Lewis Grabban could be the missing link in Norwich City's bid for Championship promotion.
Canaries' chief Alex Neil is ready to unleash the striker from the start after easing him back into frontline duty in recent games following ankle surgery.
Norwich slipped up against Wigan in Grabban's first match on the sidelines before dropping points to Huddersfield and Derby during a seven-game absence, and Neil admits the return of his fit-again forward is a major boost for the run-in.
'The team and myself had to adapt to the fact that we didn't have Lewis available, because he gives us different strengths,' said Neil. 'Trying to re-arrange your team mid-season when you are trying to get to where you want to go is not easy but we adapted well and managed to pick up results, but Lewis offers us another dimension.
'I think playing with that one striker Lewis and Cameron's (Jerome) games are very different. He has been training fully now and he is getting to a stage where he is available for selection from the start.'
Neil insisted there will be plenty of twists and turns in the final two league games ahead of Saturday's trip to Grabban's old club Rotherham.
'There is pressure on all the teams who are within touching distance and it is how individuals cope with that as much as whether the opponents perform,' he said. 'I said it probably eight or ten games ago our task was to win as many as we could and we have done well in that respect.'
- 1 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 6 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 8 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 9 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
- 10 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich