Leicester City’s David Nugent has buzz for FA Cup glory following win over Norwich City
David Nugent believes Leicester City have a realistic chance of reaching their first FA Cup final for 43 years.
The Leicester striker – who picked up an FA Cup winners' medal with Portsmouth four years ago – hit goal number 13 for the season to book a quarter-final trip to either Chelsea or Birmingham at Norwich City's expense.
Nugent said: 'I don't want to be greedy but I don't see why we can't get to the FA Cup final now. Another game and we are at Wembley in the semis. I'm starting to get the buzz.
'It was a great goal. I have a lot of confidence. Ever since I've come back from Burnley I've grown in confidence. I've got 13 goals now and I'm looking for 20.
'They put us under a lot of pressure but we held out well and we deserved it. I hope this can be a kick-on for our season. The fans were awesome.
You may also want to watch:
'The cup is a special competition. They sang their hearts out and pulled us through the last 10 minutes.''
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Man and woman found dead in home
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans