Lappin signs new contract with Norwich City
Norwich City midfielder Simon Lappin has signed a new contract with Norwich City until June 2013.
The 27-year-old Scot made the most appearances last season, playing in 44 of the 46 League One games and has made 23 appearances so far this campaign.
Lappin told the club's official website: 'I think it goes without saying that I am absolutely over the moon about it, especially with the way the club is going at the minute.
'It is a great place to be playing your football and I've loved it since day one that I have been here and now I'm here for another couple of years so I am absolutely delighted.
'Confidence is high here at the moment and hopefully we can keep that going, there is a long way to go and I want to be a part of it and am delighted to be signed on for the next couple of years.'
You may also want to watch:
Manager Paul Lambert said: 'Simon has done great for me during my time here and it's great for him and the club that he has signed an extension to his contract.
'He had been through a bad spell with the club before I arrived but his contribution over the past 17 months has been great and like I said it's great for him and the club that Simon will be here until 2013.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk