Lambert thanks Canaries fans at Norwich city centre parade
40,000 Canaries fans turn out for city centre parade to mark promotion to the Premiership
'We are Premier League' was the chant sounded outside City Hall in Norwich this evening as thousands joined the civic celebration of Norwich City's promotion.
More than 40,000 supporters packed the streets from Gentleman's walk to City Hall to mark the epic achievement.
Russell Martin, Paul Lambert and Grant Holt were all greeted by roars from the crowd as they stepped out onto the balcony.
Meanhwile, flags banners and a flood of Norwich City shirts created a sea of yellow and green below as the players and the manager thanked the fans for their support.
You may also want to watch:
However, the biggest cheer of the evening came when the Mayor of Norwich Tom Dylan presented the trophy to the team followed by an explosion of yellow and green confetti.
Speaking from the balcony, Russell Martin said: 'It's been unbelievable, I did not think last year could get any better but we have done it and we want to thank you all.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 9 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 10 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
'You have been absolutely amazing.'
Player of the season Grant Holt said he could not believe they were again celebrating at City Hall after last year.
'I never thought we would go up to the premier league and now we get to watch Ipswich Town still in the Championship next year. It is a fantasic day and a massive achievement for the football club,' he said.
Manager Paul Lambert, who secured the back to back promotions, told fans: 'What the lads have done has been monumental and you always go and watch the game to support us. I want to give you a big thanks from myself. You guys have been brilliant and we will need you in the Premier League next season.'