Lambert is delighted
Paul Lambert got an early dividend from his latest signing when Michael Rose popped up with the winner on Saturday. 'I thought he was terrific, considering he just joined us yesterday,' said the City boss.
Paul Lambert got an early dividend from his latest signing when Michael Rose popped up with the winner on Saturday.
'I thought he was terrific, considering he just joined us yesterday,' said the City boss.
'He never knew anybody's name let alone anything else.
'It is never easy to come in and meet lads for the first time for a coupe of hours or so and ask him to go again - and he has got to fill a hole where Adam Drury has been exceptional. I thought he did great.'
You may also want to watch:
Lambert allowed his only other dedicated left-back, Rhoys Wiggins, to join Bournemouth on loan, rather than throwing him in without a league start to his name - a move which only worked because he was able to tempt cash-strapped Stockport County to part with Rose until the end of the season at the very least
'It would have been easy for me to put Rhoys in, but I think Rhoys needed some games under his belt, and he is only a young lad and going to Bournemouth will really help him,' said Lambert.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 8 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
'I just thought we needed somebody of Michael's stature.
'I know he can get up and join the play and I thought he defended brilliantly, and he's got a strike on him as you saw for the goal.
'He has probably waited for a long time for his chance to come, to come and join a big club, even though he was at Manchester United as a young lad.
'He has got a great attitude to the game, a great, great catch.'