Football fan turns £10 into £19k with Norwich City bet
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A Ladbrokes punter from Norwich has won big with an accumulator bet that included a prediction on Norwich City finishing top of the Championship.
Having selected four sides to win the top four divisions in English football before a ball was kicked this season, the plucky punter cashed out a whopping £19,620.04 in the first weekend of April- from just a £10 stake.
The anonymous fan predicted Manchester City to win the Premier League, Norwich to win the Championship, Luton to win League One and Lincoln to win League Two.
With the odds in their favour for three of the four teams, but uncertainty over Manchester City's progress, they decided on an early payout at the beginning of the month.
If they'd let the bet ride, however, they could have won just under £50,000 in the case of all four teams finishing top.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Apati of Ladbrokes said: 'Our Norwich based winner has watched three of his four selections breeze their divisions in recent weeks, but Liverpool's resilience at the top of the table has forced an early-cash out to the cool sound of £19k.'
As it stands the odds on each team finishing top are:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
Man City - 8/11
Norwich - 1/8
Luton - 1/8
Lincoln - 1/250
If the customer was to put that £10 on now, they'd win £21.95