Canaries confirm young winger’s season is over after knee injury
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Norwich City's on-loan Yeovil winger Diallang Jaiyesimi has seen his season ended after sustaining a serious knee injury.
The 20-year-old was set to spend the season on loan at League Two Yeovil Town, but ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament 23 minutes into their clash with MK Dons little more than a fortnight ago.
And City have now confirmed Jaiyesimi will undergo surgery on Tuesday before his long road to recovery begins, with the hope he will be fit enough for the start of next season.
The lively winger joined City from non-league Dulwich Hamlet two years ago, before a new three-year contract signed last November tied Jaiyesimi down to City until the summer of 2020 at least.
He clocked 35 appearances in all competitions during a 2017-18 season of learning at another League Two side Grimsby Town, before joining Darren Way's squad at Huish Park.
You may also want to watch:
Boss Way – a former City academy product himself – would have been happy with Jaiyesimi's efforts too, after 11 appearances and two goals for the Glovers helped him become a popular figure with fans in a relatively short space of time.
Yeovil's players wore 'Let's do this for DJ' T-shirts while warming up against Exeter at the weekend in support of their injured team-mate, while both clubs have expressed their support for the winger as he begins his lengthy recovery.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…