Key duo a slight injury doubt for Norwich City’s Championship trip to Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
First-team regulars Russell Martin and Kyle Lafferty are nursing fitness issues ahead of Norwich City's visit to Griffin Park tomorrow evening.
Right-back and captain Martin has a slight back problem while Lafferty, who was substituted at half-time during Saturday's 4-2 win over Cardiff City after picking up a yellow card, took a knock on his ankle.
Neil Adams admits he will monitor the condition of his skipper and hasn't entirely ruled out his Northern Irish frontman from making the trip to Brentford.
'Russell Martin has got a strained back. He was struggling with it during the game,' said Norwich's boss.
'But the fact that he got through the game is always a positive for me. He didn't have to come off. He was a bit stiff yesterday and he was a little bit stiff this morning. We'll give him every chance and we'll give him as long as possible.
You may also want to watch:
'Kyle had that kick on his ankle. It's a little bit swollen. So those that didn't need to train this morning didn't.'
Martin is the only player to have featured in all of the Canaries' seven games so far this season while Lafferty has only missed one.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
The match between City, second in the Championship, and the sixth-placed Bees does however come too early for long-term injury victims Gary Hooper and Jonny Howson.
They are back in training though and should feature in Friday's match for City's Under-21s team at home to Leicester.