Keith Curle plays down talk of Norwich City legend Grant Holt joining Carlisle United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Carlisle manager Keith Curle has calmed talk about Norwich City legend Grant Holt signing for his hometown club.
The Canaries legend is without a club after coming to a mutual agreement with Wigan Athletic to end his contract six months early at the end of January.
Rumours of the 34-year-old signing for the League Two club had spread among supporters but Curle admits a deal is unlikely.
'I only just found out he has moved back to Norwich. It's a long way from Carlisle,' Curle told Cumbrian newspaper News & Star.
'I think he's shown his intentions by moving there with his family. (But) you never say never.'
You may also want to watch:
The centre-forward scored 78 goals across four seasons to propel City to the Premier League but was unable to reproduce that magic with Wigan, making five appearances this season without scoring a goal.
Holt joined Wigan from Norwich in a deal worth around £2miliion in the summer of 2013 but spent time out on loan with Aston Villa, Huddersfield Town – where he suffered a serious knee injury midway through last season – and Wolves.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 8 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?