Josh Murphy ready to seize his moment at Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Josh Murphy feels this is his time to shine as Norwich City step up their Premier League plans with a first outing of the summer at non league neighbours Gorleston.
The 20-year-old is in the travelling party making the short trip to Emerald Park on Saturday and keen to stake an early claim to force his way into Alex Neil's thoughts.
Murphy ended last season on loan at relegated Wigan after a campaign spent largely on the fringes of the Canaries' first team.
'It's a level playing field for all the players. If you're doing well, I think you've got a chance of playing,' he said. 'I want to play and show everyone what I can do, and hopefully it's a matter of time before I can reach my potential.'
Murphy helped open Bungay primary school's summer fete earlier this week, but the focus now is on catching Neil's eye with the club's international contingent poised to step up their involvement after the Gorleston game following an extended break.
You may also want to watch:
The England youth international knows the size of the task to make his mark in the Premier League this coming season.
'Time has flown by, everyone has said that. It's great to be back with the boys, and the team spirit is already there. Everyone's happy to be back,' Murphy told the club's site. 'The boys have come back super-fit – it's probably the fittest bunch of lads I've seen for pre-season. We're all raring to go back in the Premier and all the hard work starts now. If we get a good pre-season under our belts, then we can kick on.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000