Joseph Yobo declares himself fit for Norwich City’s Premier League survival run-in
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's on-loan defender Joseph Yobo has declared himself fit for the Canaries' Premier League survival run-in.
The experienced central defender has been out with a calf injury since the club's 1-0 home defeat to West Brom on April 5, but the 33-year-old is back in full training and ready to play his part against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge this weekend and Arsenal's final day visit to Carrow Road.
Yobo is also targeting a place in Nigeria's World Cup squad and the Fenerbahce defender allayed fears in his homeland he will not be in contention for the Super Eagles trip to Brazil this summer.
'I have been declared fit by the doctors at Norwich and I can confirm to you I will make the squad for the final two games against Chelsea and Arsenal,' Yobo told allnigeriasoccer.com. 'I have been training with the full squad since last week. I was omitted from the squad announced last weekend for precautionary reasons.
'The last two games of the season are crucial and they want me to play a part because it will determine our fate in the Premier League. I will be fit for the national team. I am super fit and there is no cause for alarm.'
You may also want to watch:
Yobo has made eight loan appearances for the Canaries since moving from Turkey in January.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed