Norwich City transfer rumours: Jerome set for medical at Championship rivals Derby
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City striker Cameron Jerome is due to have a medical at Derby County on Tuesday ahead of the completion of a £1.5million switch.
Telegraph reporter John Percy has this evening posted on Twitter that the 31-year-old will have his Rams medical tomorrow, after the Canaries accepted the promotion chasers' bid – which would rise to £2m if the Rams are promoted.
Jerome has scored 42 goals in 138 matches since joining from Stoke for a deal reportedly worth around £1.5m in August 2014, helping City to promotion, scoring at Wembley in the play-off final victory over Middlesbrough in May 2015.
After scoring just three goals in 35 games as City were relegated from the Premier League the next season he found form against in 2016-17 with 16 goals in 41 games.
However, a back injury and just two goals in 17 matches have seen the former Stoke and Cardiff striker become a peripheral figure under Daniel Farke this season.
His last start came in a 2-1 defeat at lowly Bolton on November 4, with just two brief substitute appearances during the 12 matches since.
Cardiff, Birmingham and Fulham have also been linked with interest in signing the former England Under-21 international during the current transfer window but it seems the Rams have won the race for his signature.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 8 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 9 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 10 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
Gary Rowett's in-form side are currently second in the Championship table, 10 points adrift of leaders Wolves but only two clear of third-placed Cardiff.
The Telegraph also report that Beccles-born former Canaries striker Chris Martin will leave Pride Park on loan again to help finance the deal, with Leeds, reading and Fulham all keen on the Scotland international.