Norwich City legend Jamie Cureton reaches career milestone - at the age of 43!
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHI
You can't keep a good man down – as one Norwich City legend is proving.
Jamie Cureton is celebrating after scoring the 350th goal of a career that began on the Norwich City training fields.
Now 43, Cureton reached his milestone on Saturday – and in some style too.
Playing for Bishop's Stortford in the Bostik League Premier Division, Cureton helped himself to a hat-trick in a 4-2 win over Whitehawk.
Afterwards, Cureton tweeted: 'What a great performance and result today by the boys @BSFCTheBlues 4-2 win. Got myself 3 today and in doing so I've hit the 350 mark so a massive personal milestone, and I would like to thank everyone who has help me achieve this along the way.'
You may also want to watch:
Cureton's career began with Norwich where he came through the youth ranks, making his first team debut in November 1994 and famously dyeing his hair green for a derby clash against Ipswich Town.
He went on to score 278 goals in the top four divisions of English football at clubs including Reading, Exeter and Colchester.
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
Cureton had two spell with the Canaries, scoring six goals in 32 games before being sold to Bristol Rovers for £200,000, then returning with 18 goals in 76 matches between 2007 and 2010. He passed 300 senior goals when scoring for Stortford in February.