Jacob Murphy signs new deal at Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Jacob Murphy has signed a new contract at Norwich City.
The 21-year-old's new deal will tie him to the Canaries until 2021.
Murphy has attracted interest from Premier League sides after impressive performances in the Championship this season, which has seen him score six goals in 16 league and cup games.
Taking in loan stints at six different clubs prior to the current campaign, Murphy has now featured 18 times for City in total, scoring six times.
'I'm over the moon as it's a big achievement for myself,' said Murphy. 'I've been here since I was 11, which is ten years now. I couldn't be more happy to be signing for my boyhood club.
You may also want to watch:
'To get this deal done is just amazing for me. The path now is for me to continue my form and to improve as a player.'
Manager Alex Neil added: 'Jacob is a young player who has taken his chance this season, which has been duly rewarded.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 5 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 10 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
'The challenge for him now is to maintain that progress. We are delighted he will be doing so here, at his local club.'