Jacob Murphy signs new deal at Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Jacob Murphy has signed a new contract at Norwich City.
The 21-year-old's new deal will tie him to the Canaries until 2021.
Murphy has attracted interest from Premier League sides after impressive performances in the Championship this season, which has seen him score six goals in 16 league and cup games.
Taking in loan stints at six different clubs prior to the current campaign, Murphy has now featured 18 times for City in total, scoring six times.
'I'm over the moon as it's a big achievement for myself,' said Murphy. 'I've been here since I was 11, which is ten years now. I couldn't be more happy to be signing for my boyhood club.
You may also want to watch:
'To get this deal done is just amazing for me. The path now is for me to continue my form and to improve as a player.'
Manager Alex Neil added: 'Jacob is a young player who has taken his chance this season, which has been duly rewarded.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
- 10 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
'The challenge for him now is to maintain that progress. We are delighted he will be doing so here, at his local club.'