Iwan Roberts: ‘Norwich City must get in Manchester United’s faces and show the pundits they’ve got it wrong’
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
One down, three games to go and the lads really need to get back to winning ways otherwise it's the drop back into the Championship after just one season back in the Premier League.
If they can perform like they did Saturday evening at the Emirates in these next three games I would be very surprised if City didn't win enough points to avoid relegation.
I thought the lads were very good in the opening 45 minutes against Arsenal but just couldn't get that opening goal that would have really put Arsene Wenger's men under pressure. Norwich created some good openings but for the third consecutive game they drew a blank in front of goal and we have to be honest, that's been the story of their whole season. They've lacked that killer instinct in front of goal.
After beating Manchester United at Old Trafford back in December tomorrow would be the perfect time for Norwich to complete the double over the Red Devils.
United have only conceded eight goals at home, two of which were scored by Norwich so it goes to show they are capable of scoring goals against the club with the best defensive home record in the division. So go out there tomorrow, forget about what's happened in the last three weeks and put on a performance that you and the fans can be proud of.
You may also want to watch:
Only newly crowned champions Leicester City have a better home record than United. However, Louis van Gaal (inset) and his side have the 11th worst away record in the division and have lost more games on the road than they've won, so there's no need for the lads to be fearful of them. In fact go out there, don't show them too much respect, get in their faces, upset a few and don't give them a second to settle.
Go out there and out-work them, out-fight them and out-battle them. Show everyone that's written you off in recent weeks that they've done that at their peril.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
I hear people and football pundits saying that Norwich are down with Villa and it's now which one of the North East giants will join them.
The lads should use that as inspiration to prove people wrong and make them eat their words. It should be great motivation for them in these last couple of weeks of what's left of the season.