It’s a matter of pride for Scotland, says Robert Snodgrass
- Credit: Archant © 2013
Norwich City winger Robert Snodgrass believes pride will be the key to Scotland preventing a widely predicted defeat by Croatia in Friday night's 2014 World Cup qualifier in Zagreb.
Scottish hopes of reaching the finals in Brazil next summer are over after taking two points from six games, while their Balkan opponents are joint top of Group A along with Belgium.
But the 25-year-old forward has insisted the Scots will not be whipping boys.
'I think the table says it all,' he said. 'We are down at the bottom, they are fighting at the top and that's what people look at. But I would hate to be in a changing room with lads that didn't believe they could win a game. It is a matter of pride.'
Snodgrass' Carrow Road team-mate Russell Martin might be asked to make his second start at international level at the heart of a makeshift defence.
You may also want to watch:
'Scotland haven't seen the best of Russell Martin,' Snodgrass added. 'I have seen him day in, day out and he is a leader and a winner, and that's what you need.
'If Russell gets that chance I believe he will take it with both hands because nothing fazes him.'
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes