“It is fake news” – Fleetwood Town boss Uwe Rosler knocks down link to Norwich City vacancy
- Credit: PA
Speculation linking Use Rosler with Norwich City's head coach vacancy has been described as 'fake news' by the Fleetwood Town boss.
The German was linked with a move to the Canaries in the Sun on Sunday, following excellent progress with the Lancashire club, who currently sit in third place in League One.
Rosler was asked about the speculation in a press conference this afternoon ahead of his side's home clash with Swindon Town on Saturday.
'The club is not approached by anybody, I am not approached by anybody – it is fake news,' Rosler told the Fleetwood Weekly News.
'Players, staff, coaches, everybody is committed and looking forward to the last of the season. I have another year contract, anything else is speculation and that is the last time I comment on anything on that.'
The 48-year-old former Manchester City striker has moved Fleetwood to within touching distance of a first promotion to the second tier in the club's history, currently trailing second-placed Bolton by six points with six games to play.
Norwich chairman Ed Balls has already said that a new head coach will not be appointed until a sporting director is in place, as the person filling that vacancy will need to approve of the coach they will be working closely with.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder