Is it time for John Ruddy to replace Declan Rudd between the sticks for Norwich City?
- Credit: Archant
After Declan Rudd's costly error at Villa Park last weekend, we are asking Norwich City fans if they think it is time for Alex Neil to recall out of favour stopper John Ruddy.
Ruddy was dropped when the Canaries travelled to Watford at the start of December and has only made one appearance for the club since, which came as Alex Neil's side crashed out of the FA Cup after a 3-0 third round defeat at the hands of Manchester City.
Rudd has conceded 16 goals in his last five appearances and ahead of West Ham's visit to Carrow Road this weekend City supporters are suggesting it might be time for a change.
Speaking after Saturday's defeat at Villa Park, Neil was forced to field fresh questions about whether the time had come to restore the more experienced John Ruddy.
'He made an error for the second goal, it is one of those things but Declan found himself in the team because John was making errors so where do you go? You change and it works, you change and it doesn't work, you can't win,' said Neil.
'I don't think he had to come out that far. That is pretty standard if you look at it and I don't think Declan would feel I am doing him a disservice there. That is what happens when you are down that bottom end. People make mistakes at vital times in games.
'You just have to suck it up and fight even more.'
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home