Is Daniel Farke the right man for Norwich City?
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber is closing in on his new head coach and it appears to be Borussia Dortmund II's Daniel Farke.
Farke confirmed on Tuesday morning that he will leave Dortmund at the end of his contract, which is up this summer, and the highly-rated coach has reportedly been in discussions with Webber for the last two weeks.
The Canaries haven't got the field completely to themselves though with Bayer Leverkusen and Darmstadt also reportedly interested.
During an 18-month stint in charge of Dortmund's promising development side, Farke only lost one home game and the 40-year-old's squad finished runners-up this season in the West regional league - recognised as the fourth tier in German football. Farke signed off at the weekend by guiding Dortmund's second team to a 1-0 win over arch rivals Schalke.
But would he be the right man for the Canaries given his lack of top level experience?
It worked for Webber before when bringing David Wagner to Huddersfield from Dortmund and Farke's record suggests he could repeat the trick.
Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 3 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
- 4 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 5 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 6 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 7 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 8 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 9 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 10 Highway obstruction closes part of A1151 near Wroxham