Is Daniel Farke the right man for Norwich City?
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber is closing in on his new head coach and it appears to be Borussia Dortmund II's Daniel Farke.
Farke confirmed on Tuesday morning that he will leave Dortmund at the end of his contract, which is up this summer, and the highly-rated coach has reportedly been in discussions with Webber for the last two weeks.
The Canaries haven't got the field completely to themselves though with Bayer Leverkusen and Darmstadt also reportedly interested.
During an 18-month stint in charge of Dortmund's promising development side, Farke only lost one home game and the 40-year-old's squad finished runners-up this season in the West regional league - recognised as the fourth tier in German football. Farke signed off at the weekend by guiding Dortmund's second team to a 1-0 win over arch rivals Schalke.
But would he be the right man for the Canaries given his lack of top level experience?
It worked for Webber before when bringing David Wagner to Huddersfield from Dortmund and Farke's record suggests he could repeat the trick.
You may also want to watch:
Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m