Is Daniel Farke the right man for Norwich City?
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber is closing in on his new head coach and it appears to be Borussia Dortmund II's Daniel Farke.
Farke confirmed on Tuesday morning that he will leave Dortmund at the end of his contract, which is up this summer, and the highly-rated coach has reportedly been in discussions with Webber for the last two weeks.
The Canaries haven't got the field completely to themselves though with Bayer Leverkusen and Darmstadt also reportedly interested.
During an 18-month stint in charge of Dortmund's promising development side, Farke only lost one home game and the 40-year-old's squad finished runners-up this season in the West regional league - recognised as the fourth tier in German football. Farke signed off at the weekend by guiding Dortmund's second team to a 1-0 win over arch rivals Schalke.
But would he be the right man for the Canaries given his lack of top level experience?
It worked for Webber before when bringing David Wagner to Huddersfield from Dortmund and Farke's record suggests he could repeat the trick.
You may also want to watch:
Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 3 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 4 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 5 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 6 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 7 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 8 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 9 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 10 Flagship Debenhams building goes up for sale or rent