Ipswich boss frustrated by injury woes of former Norwich midfielder
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Outgoing manager Mick McCarthy has been frustrated by the injury woes of Norwich City academy graduate Tom Adeyemi since signing for Ipswich Town.
The 26-year-old midfielder joined the Blues on a free transfer from Cardiff last summer but has managed just five appearances, suffering hamstring and calf problems since starting the 1-0 defeat to Norwich at Portman Road in October.
'He's nowhere near training,' McCarthy confirmed ahead of Saturday's trip to Brentford. 'He's not training with the first team and that's been sad because when he has played I've really liked him and I think he would have added to the squad.
'So please God, for him and for the club, he's fit next season and you'll have a good player.'
Adeyemi's family moved to Norwich when he was five and the former Norwich School pupil went on to make 17 appearances for City as a youngster before joining Birmingham when his contract expired in 2013.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after serious crash
- 2 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 3 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 5 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 6 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 7 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 9 'Great relief' as vets rule out foot and mouth disease at Norfolk farm
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth