Young Canaries to face Spurs, Bilbao and Wolfsburg
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City Under-23s will return to Premier League International Cup action this season, facing Tottenham Hotspur, Athletic Bilbao and Wolfsburg in the group stages.
The young Canaries reached the semi-finals of the competition during the 2016/17 campaign and narrowly missed out on a final against Porto after a 1-0 loss to Sunderland at Carrow Road in the semi-finals.
Victories over Celtic, Aston Villa, Valencia and Dinamo Zagreb made up part of an extremely busy season, playing 40 games in all competitions, whereas last season Matt Gill's squad played 28 games due to also not being invited to the Checkatrade Trophy.
This season they are one of the 12 Premier League Two sides competing in the International Cup though, against 12 teams from elite European academies.
The six group winners and two best runners-up advance to the quarter-finals, with fixture dates yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan