International break preview: Where and when Norwich City’s players will be in action
- Credit: PA
Timm Klose has retained his place in the Switzerland squad, as Norwich City's international contingent scatters around Europe during the break from Championship action.
Emerging right-back Max Aarons begins the national action for Canaries players as he looks to win his third cap for the England U19s during a friendly in Portugal on Thursday (4pm).
Keith Downing's squad also play Macedonia U19 at the FA's St George's Park base next Monday (2pm) as they look to continue preparations for European Championship qualifiers in November.
A busy night awaits on Friday as Uefa Nations League action returns with a host of 7.45pm kick-offs at senior level, with Klose hoping to feature as Switzerland take on World Cup semi-finalists Belgium in Brussels.
The City defender won the last of his 16 caps in June 2017 and returned to the Swiss squad for the last international break but was an unused substitute for two games. A second game follows in Iceland next Monday, when all the games kick-off at 7.45pm again.
You may also want to watch:
Canaries striker Teemu Pukki is in Estonia with Finland on Friday, having scored the goals in 1-0 wins over Hungary and Estonia in the last international break, taking his international tally to 14 goals in 65 games.
A home clash with Greece follows next Monday for City's top scorer and the Finns, with eight goals in 14 games to his names for club and country already this season.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
Jamal Lewis and Michael McGovern also join up with Northern Ireland again, for a game in Austria on Friday and a trip to Bosnia & Herzegovina the following Monday.
City's back-up keeper McGovern faces strong competition for the starting role with his country after years as first choice, with Leeds stopper Bailey Peacock-Farrell playing all of a 2-1 home loss to Bosnia last month, although the 34-year-old did play the second half of a 3-0 friendly win over Israel.
Lewis played all of both games and will be looking to add to his three caps with the speedy 20-year-old having the opportunity to make the left-back position his own for club and country as his rapid rise continues.