Champions League winning duo among additions as Inter finalise squad to face Norwich Legends
- Credit: ©Albanpix.com
Two Champions League winners are among five additions as Inter Forever finalise their squad to face Norwich City Legends at Carrow Road on Sunday.
French defender Mikael Silvestre, who also played for Manchester United, and Honduran striker David Suazo are joined by two former France internationals in midfielder Ousmane Dabo and goalkeeper Sebastien Frey.
They will be bolstered by former Morocco international midfielder Houssine Kharja – who will face City's own Moroccan midfield maestro, Youssef Safri.
Silvestre will serve as an able replacement for former Brazil right-back Maicon, who has had to withdraw from the game due to personal reasons.
The five additions join a glittering cast for Inter Forever which includes Jurgen Klinsmann, Javier Zanetti, Marco Materazzi and Francesco Toldo.
They will also be joined by three original members of Inter Milan's 1994 UEFA Cup winning squad – which knocked the Canaries out in round three – in Nicola Berti, Alessandro Bianchi and Massimo Paganin.
Inter have also confirmed that former Italy defender Riccardo Ferri, who played over 300 times for Inter Milan in the 1980s and early 90s, will coach their squad.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 7 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
City's manager from the Uefa Cup run of 1993, Mike Walker, will be in the other dugout to oversee a squad of legends including Bryan Gunn, Chris Sutton, Darren Eadie and Grant Holt.
The fund-raising exhibition is raising funds towards a £2.5million target for the Community Sports Foundation's new hub, The Nest, which is being built near Norwich Airport.
The 80-minute game is a 2pm kick-off and will be followed by a penalty shoot-out if required, also marking the approaching 25-year anniversary of City's famous Uefa Cup run.
• Tickets are £9.93 for adults and £1.93 for U18s and are available at tickets.canaries.co.uk, by phone on 0844 826 1902 or from the ticket offices at Carrow Road, Castle Mall or Chapelfield.
• For more about the Build The Nest campaign see thenest.org.uk
• If you would like to support CSF, donations can be made at communitysportsfoundation.org.uk