Injury problems for West Ham ahead of Norwich City clash
- Credit: PA
West Ham are counting the cost of their FA Cup win over Liverpool with several players nursing knocks ahead of their trip to Carrow Road.
The Hammers lost three players during their 2-1 win over the Reds with three more struggling at the end of a gruelling tie.
Winston Reid and Joey O'Brien pulled up injured, Cheikhou Kouyate took a whack on the head, Enner Valencia would surely have gone off had all the substitutes not already been used, while Michail Antonio and Andy Carroll also appeared to pick up knocks.
With James Tomkins, Manuel Lanzini and Diafra Sakho already sidelined, manager Slaven Bilic could be thin on numbers ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League trip to Norwich.
'Unfortunately we had to pay the price with a few of them and we can only hope they won't be out for long,' said Bilic.
You may also want to watch:
'Cheikhou felt a little uncoordinated but hopefully he will be okay. Enner looks like a bruise. Joey hadn't played for long time so we hope it's just tightness, but with Reid it doesn't look good to me.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk