Injured Norwich City striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel misses out on Italy touring party
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Norwich City's club record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel has not travelled to Italy with the rest of Neil Adams' 24-man touring party on Friday morning after picking up a minor knee injury.
Van Wolfswinkel has stayed behind at Colney for further treatment following a scan that detected knee cartlidge damage suffered in training, but the Dutch striker is expected to only be sidelined for two weeks.
'Ricky unfortunately took a heavy knock to his knee in training,' Adams told the official site. 'He's had a scan last night (Thursday) and thankfully it's not a serious cartilage injury, but it is bruised to the bone and he will stay at Colney receiving treatment while we are away.'
Sebastien Bassong, Luciano Becchio and Mark Bunn are the other notable absentees with both Bassong and Becchio on development duty in midweek at King's Lynn. Anthony Pilkington has recovered from the sickness bug that saw him miss the 6-1 friendly win at Braintree and Alex Tettey is also in the squad after sitting out the win over the Iron with a swollen knee.
City are scheduled to play three matches, starting against Serie C side Novara on Sunday at their training base at Chatillon Saint Vincent. Further games against Livorno and SC Bastia are also on the itinerary next week, which is expected to be finalised later on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich City squad list for three-match tour of Italy
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
John Ruddy, Steven Whittaker, Bradley Johnson, Russell Martin, Michael Turner, Lewis Grabban, Jonny Howson, Kyle Lafferty, Gary Hooper, Anthony Pilkington, Wes Hoolahan, Jamar Loza, Elliott Bennett, Javier Garrido, Josh Murphy, Nathan Redmond, Martin Olsson, Ryan Bennett, Jacob Murphy, Declan Rudd, Alexander Tettey, Andrew Surman, Adel Gafaiti, Remi Matthews.