Injured Norwich City defender Ayala ruled out for a ‘few months’
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert confirmed on Friday morning defender Dani Ayala has been ruled out for a 'few months' with a knee injury.
The 20-year-old limped away from City's midweek Carling Cup exit against MK Dons on his first senior start for the club following the Spanaird's recent move from Liverpool.
Ayala does not need to undergo surgery but the latest defensive injury blow comes with Elliott Ward (ankle) yet to feature this season and Zak Whitbread only returning in midweek from the knee problem which kept him out of the weekend Premier League home draw against Stoke.
'Dani is going to be out for a few months,' said Lambert. 'Which is a blow. That is football. He has hurt his knee and he is going to be out for a couple of months. Whoever plays I'm sure in that position will do their best. Hopefully Elliott Ward is not too far away from being fit.'
Lambert revealed he will also make a late fitness decision on midfielder Wes Hoolahan (hamstring) ahead of tomorrow's league trip to Chelsea after the Irishman was withdrawn midway through the second half of the Canaries' cup defeat.
You may also want to watch:
'We'll have to wait and see this morning and how he is feeling. If he is feeling okay then we'll see,' said Lambert.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre