Hat-trick hero Idah relishing another chance to shine for City U18s in FA Youth Cup
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
He cleans Nelson Oliveira's boots but Norwich City Under-18s star Adam Idah has done something the Portuguese striker hasn't this season – score a Carrow Road hat-trick.
It may have been in the FA Youth Cup rather than the Championship but the 17-year-old Irishman has shown his potential to follow in Oliveira's footsteps for the Canaries one day and he will try to provide further evidence tonight.
City U18s take on Derby County in the Youth Cup fourth round at Carrow Road (7pm kick-off) and Idah hopes he and his team-mates can pick up where they left off.
David Wright's team bounced back from 1-0 down with four goals in 10 minutes early in the second half to beat Barnsley 4-1, with the Republic of Ireland U17 international scoring three of the goals.
'We just need to approach it the same way as Barnsley, no different,' Idah said. 'If we can start the game like we did the second half against Barnsley we should have no doubts about winning the game.
You may also want to watch:
'Confidence is a big part of it. Barnsley was the first time for us playing in front of a big crowd in a big stadium but I think everyone has gone past that and if we're all confident we should have a good performance.
'Everyone's buzzing for it and really looking forward to getting out and playing at Carrow Road again, so I'm looking forward to it.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
The County Cork youngster was signed from College Corinthians last summer and has scored nine goals in 12 games for City's U18s so far.
A Chelsea supporter growing up, who also enjoyed athletics and hurling when he was at school, Idah already feels at home, adding: 'I'm really enjoying it. I'm honestly settling in well, I think Norwich is quite like Cork back home so coming here, I like it.'
Now the speedy striker is just looking forward to playing at Carrow Road again in tonight's clash with the Rams and admits the entire under-18 squad is relishing the prospect of another Youth Cup game.
'It's really good, it's such a big competition, everyone knows it's really important,' the Canaries starlet continued. 'The week before there's good vibes in training, everyone gets motivated.'
• Tickets are £3, call 0844 826 1902, visit canaries.co.uk or go to one the club's ticket offices to purchase