Icelandic club Breidablik sign Norwich City defender Michee Efete on summer loan deal
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Many players may have been looking forward to a summer break now that the season is over but Norwich City youngster Michee Efete has opted to keep playing – in Iceland.
The 20-year-old defender received good news last week when he was told that the Canaries were activating the one-year option in his contract to keep him at the club next season.
Now City have announced he has joined Icelandic Premier League club Breidablik, who began their season at the start of this month, on loan until June 30.
Efete was a regular for City's development squad this season, starting every Premier League Two match and making 36 appearances in all competitions.
The athletic centre-back, who has also featured at full-back for the U23s, was also involved in pre-season with the first team and played an hour of the 120-minute friendly at Peterborough United.
You may also want to watch:
Breidablik won the league title in 2010 and were runners-up in 2012 and 2015. The club has built a reputation for developing young talent, including Swansea's star midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson and Burnley winger Johann Berg Gudmondsson.
Norwich dealt with the Icelandic club in January of this year as well, when signing Iceland Under-17 international midfielder Agust Hlynsson for an undisclosed fee.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash