I won’t have to worry about Team GB - Morison
Norwich City striker Steve Morison is happy to stay out of the furore over Welsh colleagues Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey being pictured wearing Team GB shirts.
The players have come in for criticism from Wales fans groups, although Arsenal midfielder Ramsey has since said that he would not put himself forward for selection if it were to have an adverse affect on Wales' standing as an individual nation within Fifa. Worries over their identity within the world governing body remain the principal concern of the Football Association of Wales, who have no legal basis on which to prevent the players being selected, and manager Gary Speed has addressed his squad on the matter.
Morison believes Ramsey and Bale were always likely to be approached to promote the shirt given their standing as the highest-profile players in the Dragons' squad.
'I think it was only natural that they are the two players who would get picked if they are allowed to play,' he said.
'I think it was more to do with sponsorship than anything to do with them. I am just lucky that I will not have to worry about it.'
You may also want to watch:
Nottingham Forest defender Chris Gunter says the squad's focus is only on this weekend's clash with Norway at Cardiff City Stadium, and that players based outside the principality had been unaware of the stir created by the pictures.
He said: 'To be honest, living in Nottingham I didn't know they had worn the shirts. I didn't know it had become this big situation and I haven't seen any of the photos.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: 'Major bid' submitted for Armstrong