Norwich City transfer rumours: Huddersfield Town interested in Alex Pritchard
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Huddersfield Town are trying to sign Alex Pritchard and have already had two bids rejected by Norwich City according to reports.
The Mirror claims the Terriers are trying to tempt Pritchard away from Carrow Road and are considering a fresh offer.
Pritchard signed for the Canaries from Tottenham in the summer of 2016 for £8.5m as then manager Alex Neil gazumped interest from Brighton.
The former Spurs playmaker failed to make an impression under Neil but, after the Scot's departure, he looked set to become the fulcrum of new head coach Daniel Farke's side.
However, Pritchard sustained a serious ankle injury during pre-season against Cambridge United and has only recently made his return to the first team. He scored his first upon his return in Norwich's win over Birmingham City over the festive period.
You may also want to watch:
It was widely expected there would be interest in Pritchard this month but fans will be desperate for City to keep hold of the 24-year-old, who has struck up a promising creative partnership with James Maddison in recent weeks.
Meanwhile, Norwich have completed the signing for Irish youngster Simon Power following a successful trial on an initial 18-month contract.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
The 19-year-old will join City's Development Squad, having most recently represented University College Dublin AFC during the 2017 season.
Capped by Ireland at Under-19 level, the winger previously made one senior appearance for Cabinteely in 2015 shortly after turning 17.