How Norwich City’s relegation rivals shape up
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Hopes of Norwich City avoiding relegation were high ahead of the start of this season – but the Premier League is proving an unforgiving beast.
Just one win in their last 11 matches saw City slip into the bottom three at the weekend, despite an encouraging second half to draw 1-1 with Everton.
Now the Canaries look to be in a seven-way battle to avoid the drop, with Saturday's trip to Manchester United to be followed by a clash with Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane on Boxing Day.
Alex Neil's side have taken just seven points from a possible 33.
Today we assess the teams rivalling Alex Neil's team at the wrong end of the table and see how they compare with City so far this season.
You may also want to watch:
•For more on the Canaries' battle for survival, see today's EDP and Evening News
•Can Alex Neil turn Norwich's form around? You can leave your thoughts below.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale