How Norwich City and Ipswich Town compare ahead of derby day
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Steve Waller
As the derby day hype builds on both sides of the border, we've tried to take an objective look at how the squads of Norwich City and Ipswich Town compare.
Ahead of Sunday's game we've taken a closer look at the starting line-ups of both teams for their matches last weekend, when City drew 1-1 at high-flying Derby and Town were held to a 0-0 home draw by lowly Burton.
Ipswich have spent the majority of the season above the Canaries in mid-table in the Championship but recent form has seen Norwich pull level on points, to tee up the chance to go above their rivals for the first time since early November.
We've compared those starting XIs on the assumption that neither team are expected to make too many changes for the game, ahead of the latest injury news being revealed at pre-match press conference.
While the Tractor Boys had double the amount of East Anglian derby experience in their team with 30 previous appearances, it's City who have the most top-level experience, worked out using the following scale...
10 – Played at an international tournament
9 – Champions League
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 4 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 5 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 6 Bid to build five industrial units in Norfolk village
- 7 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 8 Highways bosses reveal when A47 dualling work will start
- 9 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 10 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
8 – International
7 – Europa League
6 – top flight
5 – Derby day experience
4 – U21 international
3 – Championship
2 – League One
1 – League Two
When the scores were tallied the Canaries racked up 77 experience points out of a possible 110, with Nelson Oliveira leading the way as he has played for Portugal at an elite tournament, and Ipswich had 68.
• Scroll through both teams above to see the rankings of the players, as well as their statistics so far this season